Become a Drone Pilot – Information from the FAA about becoming a part 107 certified remote pilot. If you are already part 61 certified, it is a very simple and free process. Otherwise you will need to pass the remote pilot knowledge test.
Remote Pilot Airman Certification Standards (PDF) – This document contains all of the knowledge that remote pilots need to know to be certified under part 107.
Remote Pilot – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide (PDF) – This is an FAA published handbook that contains information about part 107 topics.
Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) (AC 107-2) – This advisory circular contains guidance for operating as a remote pilot under 14 CFR part 107.
How to Label Your Drone (PDF) – This single-page document gives you information about ensuring that your sUAS registration is properly marked on your drone.
Model Aircraft Operating Standards (AC 91-57) – This advisory circular contains guidance for model aircraft hobbyists. Hobbyists do not require a part 107 remote pilot certificate to operate their aircraft.
SAFO (Safety Alert for Operators) pertaining to part 107 operations
- 09013 – Fighting Fires Caused By Lithium Type Batteries in Portable Electronic Devices
- 10015 – Flying in the Wire Environment
- 10017 – Risks in Transporting Lithium Batteries in Cargo by Aircraft
- 15010 – Carriage of Spare Lithium Batteries in Carry-on and Checked Baggage
Related & Recommended Books
- Remote Pilot Test Prep by ASA Test Prep Board
- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Guide: Exploring Designs, Operations, Regulations, and Economics by Brent Terwilliger, David C. Ison, John Robbins, Dennis Vincenzi
- The Complete Remote Pilot by Bob Gardner, David C. Ison
- The Droner’s Manual: A Guide to the Responsible Operation of Small Unmanned Aircraft by Kevin Jenkins