Lab 6: Read-Only Memory
The in-lab and homework portions of lab 6 will come from the published version of the lab manual. The pre-lab is new. There is also an additional circuit using FIFO memory.
Lab Manual Errata
The following are known errors in the lab manual corresponding to this lab.
- Page 88, question 7 should say “Use the Quine-McCluskey method to derive a minimum SOP expression for Q4(A,B,C,D,E).”
- Page 89, question 9 should say “Use the Quine-McCluskey method to drive a minimum SOP expression for Q3(A,B,C,D,E).”
- Lab homework questions 2-4. Derive minimum SOP or minimum POS expressions for F1, F2, and F3. (It is OK to derive a minimum expression that is neither SOP nor POS for question 1 only.)
- Lab homework questions 10-12. Derive minimum SOP or minimum POS expressions for Fred, Fgreen, and Fblue.
The following parts of this lab have been modified from the published version of the lab manual.
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.
- Infographic: Using current-limiting resistors with segmented displays and RGB LEDs
- Textbook: Section 10.8