There are numerous opportunities for scholarships and internships for COD students. If you have other opportunities to add to this page, please let me know.
The engineering department at COD is always working with local universities to make it easy for our students to transfer after they have completed their studies at COD. We work hard to ensure that our classes transfer to these universities. At times, we also work directly with the universities to generate guaranteed admission programs for our students. Please speak with either myself, or the other two engineering professors, to get advice or information about your transfer process.
- UIC: Transfer Admission Guarantee – If you apply for this program and maintain a specific GPA, you are guaranteed transfer admission to UIC. You must enroll by the first two weeks of your last year at COD, and no earlier than three years before transferring. Use the website link to find out the name of the contact person at COD to contact to obtain more information and to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- IIT Transfer Agreement – COD has a new transfer agreement with Illinois Institute of Technology. This website contains all of the relevant information to enroll.
- UIUC: Pathways Program – This program is for first-time, full-time students. If you are already a COD student, you are not eligible.
- Professor Scott Banjavcic regularly posts internship opportunities on his office door (BIC 3436H) and also in the engineering classroom (BIC 3H06).
- COD Scholarships – COD offers a lot of scholarships, and many go un-awarded. Apply for one today!
- STEM Student Success Scholarship – this scholarship is specifically geared toward our STEM students, this is another great opportunity for you!
- COD Engineering Club
- COD Society of Women Engineers
- NSF Community College Innovation Challenge – a competition for students to problem-solve and come up with innovative solutions to problems.
Letters of Recommendation
If you would like me to write a letter of recommendation for you, please refer to my recommendations page before sending me a request.