Lab 15: Course Review
Lab 15 will come from the published version of the lab manual.
Suggested Pre-Lab Activities
Completing the following activities before attending lab will save you time during the lab session.
- Op-amps typically only source or sink up to 25 mA. Your choice of resistors for lab circuits 3-4 cannot cause an op-amp output current of > 25 mA or < -25 mA. Feel free to confirm these calculations with CircuitJS.
Lab Manual Errata
The following are known errors in the lab manual corresponding to lab 15.
- One of the mystery box arrangements is missing an electrical connection node, as shown below.
- Homework question 2 (a) asks about the resonant frequency (ω0), and that is fine. But then 2 (b) asks you to compare that frequency to any oscillations in the underdamped output response. 2 (b) should have you calculate the oscillation frequency (β) and have you compare that to any oscillations in the underdamped output response.
The following parts of lab 15 have been modified from the published version of the lab manual.
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.
- Video: Breadboard
- Video: DC power supply
- Video: Dual power supply
- Video: Function generator
- Video: Oscilloscope
- Video: Tabletop multimeter
- Video: LRC meter
- Website: Digi-Key 4-band resistor color code calculator
- Infographic: Using a potentiometer as a variable resistor
- Infographic: Connecting common circuit components to a breadboard
- Infographic: Using equipment with Earth ground