Lab 11: Finite State Machines
Lab 11 will come from the published version of the lab manual.
Suggested Pre-Lab Activities
Completing the following activities before attending lab will save you time during the lab session.
- Assign state assignments, fill out the transition table, and draw the circuit diagrams for questions 1-2 on pages 147-149.
- Draw the circuit diagram for question 3 on page 150.
- Note: monostable timer information is on page 173 in lab 13!
Lab Manual Errata
The following are known errors in the lab manual corresponding to this lab.
- Page 145 part I should say “Moore machines are finite state machines…”
- Page 150, the state diagram is not correct. See below for the correct state diagram.
- Page 152, part (e). You must show your work by hand, but you can double check using LogicAid if you want.
- Page 154, part (e). You must show your work by hand, but you can double check using LogicAid if you want.
The following parts of this lab have been modified from the published version of the lab manual.
- Homework question 1, tell me what your state assignments are for each state!
- Homework question 2, tell me what your state assignments are for each state!
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.