Lab 9: Decoders, Latches & Flip-Flops
Lab 9 will come from the published version of the lab manual.
Suggested Pre-Lab Activities
Completing the following activities before attending lab will save you time during the lab session.
- Page 117, question 2, determine how to wire this up with minimum external gates.
- Draw circuit diagrams for page 119 questions 3-4.
Lab Manual Errata
The following are known errors in the lab manual corresponding to this lab.
- The timing diagram for lab HW question 4 has a setup problem. Use the timing diagram below to answer this question.
The following parts of this lab have been modified from the published version of the lab manual.
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.
- Textbook: Section 10.6 and Chapter 11
- (Optional) Textbook: Circuit Analysis textbook, Practical Application chapter. (This explains how the 555 timer works in both astable and monostable modes.)
- Website: 555 astable circuit calculator