Lab 8: RC Circuits
Suggested Pre-Lab Activities
Completing the following activities before attending lab will save you time during the lab session.
- At this point, I will expect you to be fluent at oscilloscope triggering. Watch the video early and often because you will need to use the trigger to measure RC time constants.
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.
- Textbook: Section 5.5
- Video: Breadboard
- Video: Function generator
- Video: Oscilloscope
- Video: Oscilloscope triggering
- Video: Tabletop multimeter
- Video: LRC meter
- Website: Digi-Key 4-band resistor color code calculator
- Infographic: Connecting common circuit components to a breadboard
- Infographic: Using equipment with Earth ground
This lab is licensed under creative commons as CC-BY-SA-NC. For more information, visit creativecommons.org.