Lab 6: Operational Amplifiers
Suggested Pre-Lab Activities
Completing the following activities before attending lab will save you time during the lab session.
- You are going to be working with DIP chips in this class, which is very different from other circuits you have built up until this point. You may want to consider drawing pictures of how to connect your circuits based on the pins of the DIP chip. Or, you may want to use TinkerCAD to play around with the op-amps and build one or two circuits online before coming to class. You can use your TinkerCAD layout to help you out when you are in class.
Circuit 5 Animation
Watch/read the following resources prior to attending this lab. This information will teach you how to use lab equipment and provide suggestions and technical tips for successfully completing the lab.
- Textbook: Sections 4.3 and 4.5
- Digital Systems textbook: Section 2.9.3 covers DIP chips
- Video: Breadboard
- Video: DC power supply
- Video: Dual power supply
- Video: Function generator
- Video: Oscilloscope
- Video: Oscilloscope triggering
- Website: Digi-Key 4-band resistor color code calculator
- Infographic: Using a potentiometer as a variable resistor
- Infographic: Connecting common circuit components to a breadboard
- Infographic: Using equipment with Earth ground
This lab is licensed under creative commons as CC-BY-SA-NC. For more information, visit creativecommons.org.